Monday, March 15, 2010

I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically.

We are taking a night train to "Venice" tomorrow. "Venice" not Venice. Because Venice is an island, and though they say the train will be taking us to Venice, it actually goes to the mainland. We have yet to figure out our other means of transportation, and thus we have resorted to paddling across on our backpacks like sea turtles.

10 comments:

  1. you'll probably make good time using the sea turtles method.

    -erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, there are ferries EVERYWHERE. I think that's what we did? Maybe? Or maybe there was a train station on the island. Either way, if you travel with people who bring rolly suitcases and too much luggage and you have to go over like 30 bridges rolling a suitcase AND carrying your heavy backpack and your dad decides you can just walk across the island instead of taking the ferry, you will be crying...just saying =)

    Go to Morano and find glass blowers! And beware of the crazy birds that will eat food out of your fingers (no joke)

    -from guess who

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh Venezia..

    Starts singing in my best pink lady voice:
    "Tell me more, tell me more"
    Now best Frenchy voice:
    Was it love at first sight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, the first pizza I saw was love at first sight. We slept on the train and did not have real food today until we found some huge Venice pizzas. It was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your missives, whether by way of turtles or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found the pizza in Venice...I remember pizza with a fried egg. Here in NY we were without power and light for 4 days because of a storm. Now back to the 20th century (which wasn't bad, in many ways), if not the 21st. Missed reading your blog at night.
    love, Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you check out the Doge's Palace? It really kicks butt- way more tasteful than Versailles and it has a frickin' map and globe room. I'll totally shack up there once I can afford the rent.


    -from the buttface, with love

    ReplyDelete
  8. All sounds great. chritine, my friend Marie's Gondolier Husband's name is Roberto Nardin and his Gondola station is the one off Piazza St Marco closest to the St. Marks Church. Marie's cell is +339-890-5398. Roberto's cell is +339-653-4459. So glad you are having such a great time.
    CHRISTINE CHECK YOUR EMAIL. GOOD NEWS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The health care bill passed. Just wanted you guys to know, but you probably already do.
    I love all your posts! I miss you both much, and you guys sound like you are having such an awesome time and I am very jealous!
    The only mean of transportation is turtles, I mean what else would you use? A boat. ABSURD!

    ReplyDelete