Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Brad Pitt and Pinas

Hi Y'all! I told you I was going to pick up a southern accent. I talk all slow and drag out my vowels and everything.

I have so much to tell whoever happens to be reading. Apologies at least to my mom who has been unable to log in and comment (sorry mom). May I recommend pressing preview after typing in you comment? When I commented on the post from another place that's what I did. If not you can all reach me at christinemorgan4@gmail.com. I can't post pictures of the kids, but I'm allowed to show friends and family so I can email them to you if your so inclined. All ready planning on sending some pics of the baby to you Liz.

Anyway.... The rain has been ridicules and all the kids crack up at me when I jump at the thunder. My mama tica picked up on my dislike of the thunder and made some good comfort soup for me last night.

I have learned all the names of the kids at the orphanage. Everyday I fall in love with another one. First there was Jene who is just the most content person let alone 3 year old I have ever met. Then there was Maite the little 4 month year old baby who will give me only 3 smiles a day if I'm lucky. Then there is Ceasar who is super smart and I have been teaching him how to draw micky mouse and grumpy, he wants to know how to draw goofy, but I never learned how to draw goofy at California adventure, so he came up with his own version. Today it was Reiner who is mostly in his own world (since he is only two), but he let me in today, we hung out for an hour this morning. All we do is really play with the kids, its kinda of awesome.

This weekend we went to beach. I went with my roommates Cassandra and Ashley. Ashley is from Mississippi (hence the accent) and will happily be moving to San Francisco giving me another excuse to drive north. Cassandra has spent time in California and New York, but is currently from Colorado. I also brought one of my co-volunteers from Little Rock, Arkansas. Her name is Alicia and she is awesome, she has watched The Very Potter Musical for one. And yes that is a link and yes if you haven't watched it go and watch it now and come back in 2 hours when my pictures have finally uploaded. If you have already watched it the sequel is right here. A Very Potter Sequel . She is also an English and Spanish major and is writing her thesis on magical realism in literature, she reminded me so much of my cousin Claire (Hermione). We went to Manual Antonio on a public bus costing a whooping 6 dollars instead of the 30 dollars for some shuttle (go us) and stayed at a 12 dollar a night hostel. We paid the 10 dollars to get into the park and I saw a monkey, a sloth and an iguana.

Then we mostly chilled at the beach. Some creeper who supposedly works for playboy took some pictures of everybody, I informed him that I am from LA and I know lots of lawyers, and he claimed he deleted everything of me at least, but I let him now sh*t is going down if any pictures of me in my bathing suit go up somewhere. How many days until you take that bar Erica? That was a bit of a damper on my tan, cause I put my clothes on over my bathing suit after that but, it was still fun, and I still got burnt. And according to him I ruined his weekend because I accused him of being unprofessional for not trusting him to just keep the pictures to himself. Apparently he is so professional that he even has a website! Does that make me a professional too? Anyway, chewing him out was kind of fun, so was ruining his weekend.

I wish I could say a burnt monkey was chilling with a pina colada this weekend with me, but it was mostly me with the pina colada. Sometimes minus the alcohol, because the pinas are so good!! I just ate fruit the whole weekend. Now I'm back to frioles and arroz. Rice and beans, not good for fitting into my maid of honor dress.

In fitting into clothes news, my friends and I joined a fight club in San Pedro. Not exactly what it sounds like, no Brad Pitt, we just learn how to punch sand bags and run a lot. The teacher is hilarious. When doing difficult things he says only ticos do this gringos don't even try. He said we will get better though, we return tonight.

The laundry situation is interesting. I'm almost to acceptance that nothing will ever be completely dry. And sand seems to have followed me from the pacific. What was that old anime movie with those moving dust bunnies? I'm hopping one of the Jessicas are reading cause they would know. I think it is something like Howls Moving Castle, but it could be another movie. But it is like the sand are those little dust bunnies and they just migrate out of my backpack and are sitting and waiting to greet me every night. I still find sand on my body everyday, and it has been what three days since the beach?

I am now taking private Spanish classes. And I have learned many new words and have mostly been working on my conversation skills. I have decided that I want to get Spanish completely fluently. I've finished my classes at UCSD, but I'm thinking of in the future taking a community college class, or something else? Not sure what the next step is. Because I can talk, but it is really difficult to explain or understand more complex things. Several times I have missed significant parts of a complex conversation. And what is talking with out interesting and complex topics? Even talking about Harry Potter is complex as far as I'm concerned.

Planing on a trip to Monteverde this weekend. It's up north and there are lots of trees and animals. And something called a cloud forest.

I will be attempting to post pictures soon. How is everybody else doing? How's school going for those in it? How's wedding plans going for those with a wedding this summer? Oh, and if you want gifts, give me suggestions now, before I run out of cash. Something small and not easily breakable.

Oh and let me know if I miss anything big while I'm here. I only just heard about New York, and I have three things to say about it "Awesome", "about time" and "Obama, come and jump on the freaking equality train already, it doesn't move as fast, but it's a much more fun journey with our crowd"

Audios Amigos!!

5 comments:

  1. I was totally gonna post about NY on here when it happened, but I didn't know your audience's political stance so I refrained... but it is great news, no?

    Loved that you posted links to not just AVPM, but also AVPS... also loved that you know that I could care less about a pic of a baby.

    Your claim would be a civil lawsuit for a misappropriation of your likeness cause of action. You could easily will it, especially if he is getting some sort of commercial benefit for use of your image.

    If you need, I "should" be licensed in like late November :)

    Good job ruining his day though! And you were right to cover-up at that point for two reasons... skin damage and the fact that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy when out in public ;)

    I doubt community college would be the next step as they likely do not have many more advanced classes then what you have already taken, unless you want to do lit. classes which I am thinking you don't... maybe try to keep in contact with your spanish profs that you have liked and see if they'll do some one-on-one lessons maybe once every other week or something where you basically just converse in spanish

    Um that's all I've got for now... I'm off to go to my prof's house (the one with the connection to AVPM) to have dinner and sing disney songs around the piano!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo--Christine,

    It sounds as if you are having a very interesting time in CR! Your friends sound very inteeresting. I loved your pix and video.
    We will miss you on the 4th, although I just heard it is predicted to be 100 degrees. Yikes!! Hurry for NY! Can't wait to chat w/you.

    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Nana! Can't believe I'm missing a harry potter themed 4th of July party. Still can't believe I'm missing the movie premier. I hope you all have a great time. I'm trying to post more often. Reading a great book you might like called the book thief. It's very interesting and full of literature allusions, and I'm pretty sure Liz would love it too, but I think i already told her.

    I'm having all kinds of new adventures here. Just spoke on the phone for the first time with someone completely in Spanish, I think we set up a meeting place and time, but now I'm not sure.

    Hope everyone is doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for all the advice Erica! And yeah, i got a little burnt anyways. No beach this weekend, rainforests only.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The movie is Spirited Away XD and omg it's sounds so much all the stuff you are doing =D minus the part with the creepy dude

    btw the pictures are awesome! I specially like the one of the ants =D

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete